Friday, October 26, 2012

Normalcy


People must be crazy
To live just like they do
Silent mouthed except for
Foul words except for
Loved ones, who get hugs
But only when they are nearby
As if we must conserve them.
People must be crazy
To live just as they are
Constantly planning for death
And the forecasted destruction
Of the whole wide world, like
It’s a foregone fact. And yet
They still refuse to take a
Spur of the moment day off.
People must be crazy
To act just like they have        
Spewing reactions as if they
Know all the answers      
As if to be wrong is to be
Diseased, so instead they will settle
For being ignorant, not
Willing to stay still long enough
To learn the truth of others.                     
But these people keep telling me
Majority rules, and I cannot help
But hug everyone, even           
The distant ones and I take every
Spurred day I can to take a little
Vacation to celebrate that the world,
She is still here, and I try
To avoid ignorance but I make being
Wrong a bit of a habit, I want
To learn everything over and over again
So I guess that makes me
The crazy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by http://peacepoetryandfourleggedlove.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.